Thursday, November 27, 2008

Polygon Grannies

Finally, after more than a week (or two) preparing for this post, it's done. At first I wanted to make it all into one post, but considering the number of photos, I decided to split the post into two. One is for the common granny patterns, and the ones I got from the internet, and the next post will be about the granny patterns that I made myself.

Anyway, I know granny patterns are so easy and straightforward to make, hence they're quite common on the internet to the point that it's hard to know who's the original copyright holder. (If anyone disagrees with me, please inform me.)

But I simply wanted to share with you every basic polygonal granny at one place, so here I am writing them all down for you, simplified in my style. With a few un-ordinary ones with links to the pattern origin.

Notes for Granny Patterns:
1. Always substitute first dc of row with ch3.
2. Always slst to next loop after joining the previous row. (Except for Half-Square)
(This is my personal preference, just so that the right side looks uniform. You may turn if you wish.)



Triangle Granny
Magic circle or ch 4, join.
R1. (4dc, ch2) 3x in circle, join.
R2. [(4dc, ch3, 4dc) in next loop, ch 1] 3x, join.
R3. [(4dc, ch3, 4dc, ch1) in ch3-sp, (4dc, ch1) in ch1-sp] 3x, join.



Half-Square Granny
Magic circle or ch3, join.
R1. ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc in circle.
R2. ch3, turn, 2dc in same space, ch1, (3dc, 2ch, 3dc, ch1) in ch2-sp, 3dc in 3rd-ch of previous round.
R3. ch3, turn, 2dc in same space, ch 1, (3dc, ch1) in ch1-sp, (3dc, 2ch, 3dc, ch1) in ch2-sp, (3dc, ch1) in ch1-sp, 3dc in 3rd-ch of previous round.



Square Granny
Magic circle or ch 6, join.
R1. (3dc, ch3) 4x in circle, join.
R2. [(3dc, ch3, 3dc) in next loop, ch1] 4x, join.
R3. [(3dc, ch3, 3dc, ch1) in ch3-sp, (3dc, ch1) in ch1-sp] 4x, join.



Pentagon Granny
Magic circle or ch 4, join
R1. (3dc, ch2) 5x in circle, join.
R2. slst to next loop, [(3dc, ch2, 3dc) in loop, ch1] 5x, join.
R3. [(3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch1) in ch2-sp, (3dc, ch1) in ch1-sp] 5x, join.




Star Granny
I got the pattern for this from here.



Hexagon Granny
I got the pattern for this from here.



Octagon Granny
I got the pattern for this from here.

Happy hooking!

Subscribe now via email

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBurner

Google