Does your Office Excel 2007 hangs every now and then when you tried to close it?
And the "solution" provided by Windows Vista only asks you to check out Broadcom website for the solution?
And you just can't find it?
Well, here the real solution! I got this from the Microsoft Support Services when I emailed them last week.
Should I not be surprised to get a prompt reply from them? lol
Suggestion 1: Run as Administrator
1. Click START >> In the Start Search, please type in EXCEL.exe
2. Once found, right click on the Excel.exe and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
3. Click CONTINUE
4. Click on the OFFICE button >> EXCEL OPTIONS >> ADD INS
5. Select MANAGE COM ADD INS
6. Untick the SEND TO BLUETOOTH
7. Click OK all the way out.
If it is not working, please try the next suggestion.
Suggestion 2: Registry Editor
1. Click START >> In the Start Search, please type in REGEDIT
2. Press ENTER
3. Please browse and locate this key:
4. Double click on the Addins and change the value from 3 to 0
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Restart machine
Please try to launch Excel again to test the issue.
The first suggestion worked for me, and my office people. It should work for you too. But if it don't, try the second suggestion.