Monday, January 19, 2009

Funbike 2009

I've been sleeping for two days...

Since I got home from joining the Indosiar Sepedaria (funbike) event this Sunday.


I woke up at 3.40 am, washed my face and changed my clothes. Then waited for my bf to come over.

At about 4 am we went to his friend's house to join them.

After that, we cycled all the way to Senayan. The road was blocked for cars from Monas onwards. We had 3 lanes for ourselves. We split up with his friends before we reached Monas though.

When we reached Senayan, we had a bit of drink then cycled back to Monas.

On the way, we stopped at the Bunderan HI to eat a bit of breakfast.

Once we got to Monas, we started on the way home, even though the route is supposed to go back to Senayan.

By then I was very tired and my backside hurts like hell. So we started to walk alongside our bikes, cycling occasionally.

Near my boyfriend's house we started to walk all the way.

His house is nearer than mine, so we stopped there. It was about 8 am. So we've been cycling for 4 hours.

His mother fried some nuggets for us to eat, then after that early lunch, I went home.
My bf tucked my bike in his car and drove me home. Of course, I have no more energy nor will to cycle anymore.

The moment I got home, I took a bath and slept. It was an quite an uneasy sleep, cos my thighs, the part just above the knees, they hurt like hell. Nevertheless, I slept until night comes. When I woke up, my legs kind of hurt when I walk.

Thank goodness, today they don't hurt anymore.

All in all, that was an interesting experience. I got to see thousands of cyclists on the road, and there was even a club of people with old bicycles and costumes. There were also bicycles that were pimped to look like motorcycles. And when else can I go to Senayan with a bicycle?

The only thing I regretted was not bringing a camera. I was so dumb not to think of bringing a camera for such once in a lifetime experience.

It was fun, but I don't think I'll ever go again.
And forgive me for such a boring recount, I'm such a bad storyteller.
Thanks for reading though!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to do this myself but I have no bike and no discipline..lol!

Melisa Sriwulandari said...

Actually, I went because my boyfriend wants me to. lol

Reminds me... I did went cycling at East Coast Park once. So many trees.. The weather was nice too.

Sigh... The bittersweetness of nostalgia. lol!!! I sound like I'm so old already! :D

Subscribe now via email

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBurner

Google