Monday, May 12, 2008

My Very First Amigurumi Ever!


Finally!!!
My very own amigurumi!!!
Well, I don't know whether I should say it's a success or a failure.

Firstly, I intended to make an octopus, following a pattern from here. But turns out I placed the eyes too low/too near the bottom, leaving no place to put the tentacles!!! And it end up looking like an alien! But then there's no way I'll redo anything just to move the eyes upwards, I struggled putting them in! (I used the method from a video I saw at youtube) So I left it as it is.
On the other hand, it's a success too! Considering the 'wrong' ones I've made.
Then I thought, what it needs is a big round body. So I made one, using the head pattern of the amigurumi dude pattern from crochetme. (The one I made looks like/reminds me of a bengkuang. I don't know what's the name in English [edit: it's Jicama, just found it on wikipedia], so here's a picture of it:

I'm not sure if I joined it right though. The part where it connects looks ugly. So I covered it using the extra too long tail (looks like a scarf anyway).
Nevertheless, I still feel it's incomplete. Like it needs more accessories. I'm thinking of giving it 4 legs. Cos it is wobbly and can't stand securely. Maybe a pink bow. Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

Nitin said...

Hello,
This is Nitin from SezWho. We wish to thank you for using our service and would like to know if you have any feedback for us. Please write in to us on support{at}sezwho{dot}com .
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm curious lol - What's an Amigirumuminini? Sorry can't remember how to spell it and if I backpage I'll lose this message...

Ben

Melisa Sriwulandari said...

Hi Ben! Thanks for leaving a comment.
Amigurumi is a Japanese term for making toys by crocheting in spirals. At least, that's what I understand it. lol.
Btw, you do know crocheting right?

Melisa

Anonymous said...

Of course I know what crocheting is Melisa - it's a game played with sticks and hoops on a flat lawn in English stately homes....isn't it? :)

Ben

Melisa Sriwulandari said...

That's croquet!!! lol!!!

You know what, I'm going to put a link to your page on my sidebar.

Melisa

Subscribe now via email

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBurner

Google