Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tutorial: Hyperbolic Crochet

Someone over at craftster asks me for a simpler way of explaining how to do a hyperbolic crochet so here it is!


So, what I did was:
1. 6sc into magic ring, or ch 2 and 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (whichever you prefer).
2. Do [1sc in next 2 stitches, 2sc in next 1 stitches] all the way until the size wanted (I did 15 rows approximately).
3. Change colour and do [2sc in next stitches] ONE round.

I hope it is clear enough.

Note: The possibility of Hyperbolic crochet is endless. You can do increase in every 2, in every 4, in every 10, 20, or 17, or whatever number you want. Or change the number of beginning sc in the ring.

PS. "approximately" is the beauty of hyperbolic crochet, I love the fact that we don't have to keep tab on how many rounds we've done, and simply do the same routine over and over again as much as we like.



Little warning: I used a very very thin yarn for this (I don't know what's the usual name for this yarn). Hence it is only a few inches wide. I don't know how big it'll be if you use a thick yarn.

Copyright Melisa Sriwulandari 2008.
Please just link to this pattern if need be.

4 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Hummmmm...I am going to try this. Sounds easy?
Vicki

SpinKitty said...

Your link to "magic ring" is broken! Here's one that's not:
http://www.planetjune.com/blog/magic-ring-for-amigurumi/.

Melisa Sriwulandari said...

Thank you for informing me SpinKitty!
Now I've fixed the link.

Claudia Carranza said...

HYperbolic Crochet is awesome.
Check out what I'm doing with it:
eagl.wikidot.com

:)
Claudia

Subscribe now via email

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBurner

Google