Monday, November 3, 2008

Felt CD Case

Okay, this will be my first "Make Something Monday" post.

I'm not sure if this is considered as "making" though, cos actually I'm just decorating.

But anyway, I had this idea to make use of the felt "leftovers" after we cut the pattern out.
I've been keeping them, thinking they might come in handy someday, and I can never throw away anything that might remotely be useable. I mean, there are those tiny patterns we can use them for you know, like the ears or noses.

Ok, to cut long story short, I decided to use them to turn this boring plain CD case:


Into this:


It's messy I know. Not even artistic. But at least it's bright and cheerful!?

What do you think?

Actually... I'm thinking of making a "Creative Recycling Day" meme. Wonder whether there'll be many people (if any) who'll participate, since my blog is not that well known yet...

Below here, is obviously not something I made today (see the date stamp). But since it is still around the same topic, I'm including it here.
It is a really simple felt CD case. Something that won't scratch your CD, and it definitely beats bringing a CD everywhere with a plastic. The downside is, it won't protect your CD from being bent. All in all, I think it's quite cool. And functional too~!



Make Something Monday

Join us next Monday!

4 comments:

Felicia said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love it!

Sorry about my dark picture...I truly need a new camera!

Happy MSM!

Jess NBP said...

That is really awesome! Thanks for sharing.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

That's a great looking CD case!

Melisa Sriwulandari said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting and commenting!
I'm not sure which CD case you're talking about though. Is it the colourful one or the blue striped one. lol!

Subscribe now via email

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBurner

Google