Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Ocean Dream Ripple Pocket Shawl

Hi, welcome to my blog, this time I want to share how I made my pocket shawl. It started when I saw this beautiful green blue yarn, and so I bought 6 cakes of it. Each cake weighs 100grams. For my shawl I used 4 cakes.

The color really reminds me of the sea so I thought a ripple pattern would be best for it. 

Pattern notes:
The pattern is a multiple of 16 + 4
I suggest you do a swatch first to know how many multiples you want to make. Mine is a multiple of 5. 
I am not sure about the size of my yarn, but I used a size 4mm hook. Afterwards I felt that the hook that I used was too small, because the project is lacking of drape. So just use a bigger hook than you usually use for the yarn you are using.

Disclaimer: Picture of pattern taken from pinterest/google. I don't take credit for it. I don't know who to credit. It is freely floating around the internet universe.

Starting Chain 20
Row 1: 2dc in 4th chain from hook, 1dc in next 5 stitches, dc decrease over the next 5 stitches, 1dc in next 5 stitches, 3dc in last stitch.
Row 2: Ch4, dc in the top of the last dc of the previous row. (Ch1, skip 1st, dc in next st)2x. Ch1, dc decrease with 3dc over the next 5 stitches, skipping 1 st in between. (Ch1, skip 1st, dc in next st)2x. Ch1, (dc, ch1, dc) in the last stitch. 
Repeat row 1 and 2 until you think your swatch is big enough.

After you have decided how many multiples you are going to make, for example 5, we multiply 5 by 16, then add 4. 
5x16+4=84. This will be your starting chain.
I suggest you do the multiples in increments of 2. It means 5+2=7 or 5+2+2=9, etc.
This way you can make the pockets centered. I made my pockets with a multiple of 3. Then you have one multiple on either side of the pockets.
So if you are making a multiple of 7, you can make the pockets with a multiple of 5.
If you are making with a multiple of 9, you can either make the pockets with a multiple of 5 or 7. Up to you.

Well then, that's it. Just keep on repeating the 2 rows until you get the length you want. Then just sew on the pockets right on the edge. For my shawl I slip stitched the pockets on.

I did a few videos on youtube about making this pocket shawl. Feel free to check them out. 
Crocheting Odd Rows of Pocket Shawl
https://youtu.be/dnPAqZKr2W0
Crocheting Even Rows of Pocket Shawl
https://youtu.be/BTJfjBCMdno

Please ask if you have any questions. Thank you

No comments:

Subscribe now via email

Enter your email address:

Powered by FeedBurner

Google